And just to show you how busy I have been, here is a host of updates!
1. Mike is a high school teacher so he and I attended Hamilton High School Prom as chaperones! It was a magical night filled with cheesy decor and horny teenagers. I wore a vintage powder blue 1950s ball gown (that was only 30 bucks!) and Mike wore a suit we bought cheap in the Fashion District the weekend before. I handmade the corsage and bout -- using my crafty wedding skills of course! I went to the store and was about to buy pre-made ones, but then I realized I had all the supplies to make them at home by myself: lace, hot glue, pins, flower tape, wire, etc. It was SO easy. And only cost me 5 bucks total. Here are a few shots from the prom:
|the bout I made|
|nursing a beer... BEFORE the prom ;)|
|The California Science Center. Pretty swank for a high school prom, eh?|
And the best photo of all time... the professional shot:
2. I have been working on a new blog called "The Dainty Grenadier." Basically it is Bowie Bride minus weddings plus more F-bombs and talk of private parts. I have only done a handful of posts and am very much in the beginning stages, so I wouldn't call this announcement a 'soft-launch' or even an announcement really. I just wanted to put the link out there for anyone interested in seeing the new blog slowly develop. I am working on a segment with my writing partner (you know her as Titfield Thunderbolt) in which I chose men off of her eHarmony profile for her to go on dates with. And we write about it. I think it will make for a great read. So I'll be sure to let everyone know when The Dainty Grenadier goes wide. Should be within the month.
3. I have a new portfolio site called "How Now Hollenbrau". Read all about my experience in the Film/TV biz and see a few things I have worked on in the past.
4. My writing partner and I finished the first draft of our screenplay. I really really badly want to share details with you all. It's a movie that would be *right* up everyone's alley. Think Bridesmaids, but about dating. I will keep everyone up to date as this all develops.
5. I threw a 60th birthday party for my Mom. As a birthday gift, we took pro pictures with Sean Haeseler of The Long Haul Photo. The Long Haul Photo is a husband/wife team that shoots weddings and portraits. The are LA-based, new and are mega talented. I will do a whole post on their work soon (along with showing you the images from our family shoot!). Here are a few teasers from that shoot:
I think that's enough updates for the time being. How have you all been?